Looking to step up your game? Compete in the ARR Grand Prix! This annual series consists of 14 races in Arizona, some of which are ARR races. Run in as many or as few as you like. The top two point leaders in each age group will receive awards at the annual ARR Awards Meeting in January.
About the Grand Prix - How It Works
Final 2013 Grand Prix results may be found: HERE
- The cost is $5.00 ($10 for non ARR members) for the entire series. This does not include race entry fees. It is a one-time fee paid to ARR.
- GP scoring will include only GP registrants who are registered finishers of a GP race. No retroactive registration; runners registering after the Friends of the Rec 10K, for example, will not be counted in the Friends of the Rec 10K Race’s GP results even if they ran it.
- Runners score according to their finish place out of all GP registered finishers each race. The first GP runner in each race will score 1,000 points. All others will score based upon the percentile in which the runners finish such that the middle finisher will always score 500 points. Points are awarded without regard to age or sex. In scoring races we use USATF rules (thus gun time is used rather than chip time).
- There are 15 Grand Prix races. A runner may compete in as few or as many of the races as they choose; however, results from only 10 races will count. If a runner runs more than 10 races, only their 10 highest scores will count. Anyone running in 10 or fewer races will have all of their scores included.
- Scores are tallied within age division for each sex. Runners do not change age divisions during the year. A runner’s division is set according to their division on the day of their first GP score. For example, a runner turning 50 on April 1 would be scored all year in the 45-49 bracket if she runs the Friends of the Rec 10K as a GP registrant, but would score all year in the 50-54 bracket if her first GP score is after April 1.
- Age groups for both male and females are: 0-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+. In order for an age group to exist, it must have at least two participants completing 4 races each. In addition, in order for an individual to win an age group they must run in at least 4 races
- Grand Prix standing information will be included on the ARR website at arizonaroadracers.com and e-mailed to all participants.
- There will be awards for the first 2 people in each age group, which will be presented at the ARR awards meeting held in January 2015.
2014 Race Schedule
A printable copy of our yearly race schedule is available HERE
This personal training log book is produced yearly including all of the ARR races as well as over 300 other races in the Phoenix area and throughout the state. It also contains 70 race photos, 40 running clubs as well as other information. The book is free to members and is available to non- members for $14.95 plus $3.00 shipping. Individual membership is only $25.00.
You can order a copy HERE