The ARR Grand Prix – How it Works:
- The cost is $5.00 for the entire series. This does not include race entry fees. It is a one-time fee paid to ARR.
- GP scoring will include only GP registrants who are registered finishers of a GP race. No retroactive registration; runners registering after the Runners Den Pancake Run 10K, for example, will not be counted in the Runners Den Pancake Run 10K Race’s GP results even if they ran it.
- Runners score according to their finish place out of all GP registered finishers each race. The first GP runner in each race will score 1,000 points. All others will score based upon the percentile in which the runners finish such that the middle finisher will always score 500 points. Points are awarded without regard to age or sex. In scoring races we use USATF rules (thus gun time is used rather than chip time).
- There are 12 Grand Prix races. A runner may compete in as few or as many of the races as they choose; however, results from only 10 races will count. If a runner runs more than 10 races, only their 10 highest scores will count. Anyone running in 10 or fewer races will have all of their scores included.
- Scores are tallied within age division for each sex. Runners do not change age divisions during the year. A runner’s division is set according to their division on the day of their first GP score. For example, a runner turning 50 on April 1 would be scored all year in the 45-49 bracket if she runs the Runners Den Pancake Run 10K as a GP registrant, but would score all year in the 50-54 bracket if her first GP score is after April 1.
- Age groups for both male and females are: 0-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85+. In order for an age group to exist, it must have at least two participants completing 4 races each. In addition, in order for an individual to win an age group they must run in at least 4 races.
- Grand Prix standing information will be included here at arizonaroadracers.com and e-mailed to all participants.
- There will be awards for the first 2 people in each age group, which will be presented at the ARR awards meeting held in January 2018.