The 2021 ARR Summer Series consists of five races. Each race includes overall and age group awards. In each individual race, the age of the runner is his/her age on race day. View individual races by navigating to Events > ARR Race Schedule, then click on the race icon. And the next upcoming Summer Series race will always appear on this page.
Summer Series grand prix scoring
To be considered for the Summer Series Grand Prix awards, each runner must complete at least four races. Note: there is no separate entry fee for the Summer Series Grand Prix – you are automatically entered when you sign up for an ARR Summer Series race, and your points will be tallied.
Overall series winners
- The top three overall series winners are for the consistently fastest male and females runners
- All points are for gender-specific categories
- The points for the four best overall finishes are used to determine the overall series male and female awards.
- The fastest male and fastest female runner receives 1000 points. Second place male and female receives 999 points with third receiving 998 points. The scoring continues sequentially for each runner in the gender-specific category.
- The top three scoring males and top three scoring females will receive 1st, 2nd, and 3rd overall accordingly for the Summer Series grand prix. Overall winners will not be included in the series age group awards (no double dipping).
Age group awards
- Age group awards are for the consistently fastest runners within each age and gender-specific group
- The fastest runner in the male or female age group receives 300 points. Second place receives 299 points with third receiving 298 points and the scoring continues sequentially for each runner in the gender-specific age group.
- The age group of the runner is his/her age group at the first summer series event in which he/she competes.
- The points of the runner’s best four age group finishes will be used to determine the age group awards.
- In the event of a tie, the runner that has the faster times for the four races will be considered to have finished in front of his/her fellow runner.