The 2021 ARR Summer Series consists of five races. Each race includes overall and age group awards. In each individual race, the age of the runner is his/her age on race day. View individual races by navigating to Events > ARR Race Schedule, then click on the race icon. And the next upcoming Summer Series race will always appear on this page.
Choice of Summer Series race t-shirt or tank
Shirts are free when you purchase the whole race series by May 3! They are also available for purchase with individual races at any time throughout the series. Please consider your size carefully – some runners find they want a larger size than originally anticipated, and swaps cannot be done onsite. Sizes range from women’s extra small up to men’s XX-large, and can be ordered while registering.
ARR Summer Series Grand Prix
The Summer Series Grand Prix awards plaques to the top three (3) overall run male and female and to the following age groups: 10 and under, 11-13, 14-17, 18-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 and over. Awards for the series are given at a social run in late August.
Virtual Option Available
NEW! If you are unable to run with us in person, or are not yet comfortable running in a live event, we have added a Virtual Summer Series. You can still run all 5 races wherever you like on the same weekends as the live events and you will be provided with a link to upload your times. Due to the nature of virtual races, it will not be scored as part of the Summer Series Grand Prix. You will get an ARR race bib and your choice of a tank or shirt. We are not planning to mail out the packets, so you will need to pick them up. We are arranging for several dates and locations before the first race, May 16th. So check back on Runsignup or the ARR website for more information.
Prior to the events, all registrants will receive a link that must be completed to select his/her START time. Registrants are asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the selected start time to complete packet pickup and walk to the start line.
While conditions may have improved, it is important to continue precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All Summer Series Races will:
- Use staggered starts
- Have different Race Start and Race Finish locations
- Require masks covering nose and mouth in all areas except while running
- Require temperature be less than 100.4 degrees to enter the start area (Our race is sanctioned by USATF. This is a USATF regulation) Race staff will be taking temperature readings using a non-contact, digital thermometer.
- Require advanced registration. No Race Day Sign-up
- Runners should be prepared to be as self-sufficient as possible. Runners will pass by one (5k) or two (4 mile) aid station(s) set with bottled water that the runner can pick up. After the finish, bottled water and wrapped snacks will be available for pickup prior to runners leaving the area.
- No award ceremony will be held. Runners that place in the top three among all runners or within five-year age groups may pick up their award at the next ARR Summer Series event.
- All Race staff will be using masks, gloves and taking appropriate safety precautions to minimize virus transmission risk to runners, support crew and race staff. We depend on your help to host a safe race.