This holiday season challenge yourself, your family, and your friends – not just locally, but around the country – by joining ARR in their 2020 Festivus Virtual Challenge while supporting St. Mary’s Food Bank. You can run individually or get a team together and select a distance of 100, 250, or 500 miles. Run off your grievances while supporting a great cause!
Run/Walk when and where you want either individually or with a team, then log your miles on the results tab on RunSignup which will be available on the first day of the challenge, Nov. 26, 2020.
Festivus Gear: All participants will receive a Festivus long-sleeve tee, a commemorative Festivus finisher’s medal, and a finisher’s certificate. For your shirt, please select from women’s sizes XS through XXL and men’s sizes S through XXXL when registering.
We will make an impact: $5 dollars of each entry fee will be donated and 100% of donations will go to St. Mary’s Food Bank. It is a tough time for many of our Arizona neighbors and they are turning to St. Mary’s Food Bank for help. St. Mary’s Food Bank serves to alleviate hunger through the gathering and distribution of food while encouraging self-sufficiency, collaboration, advocacy and education. Please consider making an additional donation when registering.
- Track your miles here on RunSignUp
- Beginning Nov. 26, each participant can begin entering miles and times on RunSignUp using a unique sign on.
- You must be registered to begin entering your miles.
- Team members will log their miles individually and your team will be credited for the miles that you log as an individual.
- Mileage can and should be added daily.
- Previously entered miles and times can be edited.
- Results are updated daily, and you can view your progress against others.
Race Fee: $40 entry fee for all distances up through November 25, 2020, then $50 from November 26 until December 15.
Registration: Run Sign up opens on Nov. 2, 2020 and is open until Dec. 15, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
100 mile Run/Walk an average of 2.7 miles a day
250 mile Run/Walk an average of 6.8 miles a day
500 mile Run/Walk an average of 13.5 miles a day
Upload your photos to the ARR Facebook Group
What counts as mileage?
- Running or walking outside on the roads, trails, sidewalks. Treadmills count.
- Miles intended to cover a distance count, but not steps around your house, office, or as part of day to day activities.
- Bicycles, ellipticals, skates, rollerblades, skateboards Do not count.
How will this all work?
- Participant registers and gets a unique bib number.
- Tracking opens on Nov. 26, 2020 (Thanksgiving day) and closes Jan. 1, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.
- Participants track their mileage and time for each day mileage is completed.
- How will Teams work? Participant will register individually and designate their team name. Team members will input their mileage individually, and it will automatically be added towards the team’s mileage.
- At the conclusion of this event on Jan 2, all participants will be mailed their T-shirt and finishers medal. Custom finisher’s certificates will be emailed upon individual or team completion of the challenge.
Questions? Send any questions to Festivus2020@arizonaroadracers.com