RECENT UPDATES TO THE RACE:
Download the Yavapai County waiver here. It can be filled out electronically and emailed to email@example.com. This waiver is required for all participants.
Please note that unlike previous races, there will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION. Registration will close Friday, Sept. 3 at 11:59 p.m. and registration will be capped at 125. This is to allow us time to implement all safety procedures necessary due to COVID-19. We ask that all participants follow the CDC guidelines.
THE START LINE HAS BEEN MOVED for this one year only. The race will begin on the road next to the parking lot where registration takes place. This will make the overall race distance 3.5 miles (as opposed to the usual 4.5 miles). See course map
Prior to the events, all registrants will receive a link that must be completed to select his/her START time. Registrants are asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the selected start time to complete packet pickup and walk to the start line.
While conditions may have improved, it is important to continue precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
These precautions will include:
- Use staggered starts
- Have different Race Start and Race Finish locations
- Require masks covering nose and mouth in all areas except while running
- Require temperature be less than 100.4 degrees to enter the start area (Our race is sanctioned by USATF. This is a USATF regulation) Race staff will be taking temperature readings using a non-contact, digital thermometer.
- Require advanced registration. No Race Day Sign-up
- Runners should be prepared to be as self-sufficient as possible. Runners will pass by one (5k) or two (4 mile) aid station(s) set with bottled water that the runner can pick up. After the finish, bottled water and wrapped snacks will be available for pickup prior to runners leaving the area.
- No award ceremony will be held. Runners that place in the top three among all runners or within five-year age groups may pick up their award at the next ARR Summer Series event.
- All Race staff will be using masks, gloves and taking appropriate safety precautions to minimize virus transmission risk to runners, support crew and race staff. We depend on your help to host a safe race.
Start and Finish:
7 a.m. start for hikers/walkers (>13 minute per mile pace – predicted finish time greater than one hour).
8 a.m. start for Runners – small group rolling wave starts depending on predicted running pace, starting with the fastest first.
Reminder: After the race you will have a 3.5 mile jog or walk back to your car.
Parking is limited in Jerome so we ask that you plan accordingly and give yourself enough time to park in the main parking lot past the Fire Department building (see photo), and then walk/jog to the start line (approximately one mile downhill). There is absolutely no parking or dropping off at the start line.
Spectators are NOT allowed to drive on the course! For the safety and enjoyment of the runners, DON’T drive on the course. The dirt road is narrow and dusty. Stop at the lot behind the firehouse and walk along the course to watch the runners.