This race starts and finishes at the South Mountain Activity Center in Phoenix. Take Central Avenue two miles south of Baseline Road to the park.
Same-day on site registration begins at 6:00 a.m. The 8 mile begins at 7:00 a.m. and the 4 mile begins at 7:10 a.m. You will need the parking pass – Park Rangers will be checking each vehicle before entering the park. South Mountain Park requires all runners to be off the road by 10 a.m.
The 4 mile (course map) and 8 mile (course map) are on roads only (no trails).
Runners can pick up their bibs on race day starting at 6:00 a.m.
Awards will be presented to the first 3 finishers overall (male and female, no double dipping) and to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups (male/female): 19 & under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80 & over.
Prior to the events, all registrants will receive a link that must be completed to select his/her START time. Registrants are asked to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the selected start time to complete packet pickup and walk to the start line.
While conditions may have improved, it is important to continue precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
These precautions will include:
- Use staggered starts
- Have different Race Start and Race Finish locations
- Require masks covering nose and mouth in all areas except while running
- Require temperature be less than 100.4 degrees to enter the start area (Our race is sanctioned by USATF. This is a USATF regulation) Race staff will be taking temperature readings using a non-contact, digital thermometer.
- Require advanced registration. No Race Day Sign-up
- Runners should be prepared to be as self-sufficient as possible. Runners will pass by one (5k) or two (4 mile) aid station(s) set with bottled water that the runner can pick up. After the finish, bottled water and wrapped snacks will be available for pickup prior to runners leaving the area.
- No award ceremony will be held. Runners that place in the top three among all runners or within five-year age groups may pick up their award at the next ARR Summer Series event.
- All Race staff will be using masks, gloves and taking appropriate safety precautions to minimize virus transmission risk to runners, support crew and race staff. We depend on your help to host a safe race.